ARE YOU WITH THE OPPRESSED?



When a person looks at themselves, what do they see? Or when evaluated from someone else's perspective? What kind of person does one face when looking in the mirror?

Generally, people tend to be on their own side.

 They say, "I am fundamentally a good person," 

"I am well-intentioned." They claim, 

"Despite my impulsive nature and occasional outbursts, I am actually a good person. I have many good qualities." They list and enumerate all their characteristics.

"I take good care of my child; I devote my nights and days to working hard for them," they say. "Just so that my child doesn't experience what I went through."

"I am respectful to my parents; I do not upset them, I honor them."

"My relationship with the people I work with is good; I like helping others, and I am liked in the workplace for my cooperation. I also look out for the interests of my workplace because I am a good person."

"I help those in need; for example, I give money to beggars."

"I am patriotic."

"I love animals."

"I am respectful to people," they say, and the list goes on. When listened to, every person is inherently good and well-intentioned.

So, in a place where everyone is good, where are the bad ones? 

Then what is the measure of whether we are truly good or not? 

People are good in a flat field; they reveal themselves on a steep slope. 


When receiving a regular salary, people don't mind working overtime. The real issue is being able to stay overtime when the boss is in a difficult situation.

I can be the best mother when my child is a model student at school. The real issue is being able to stay good when that child stumbles.

When there is a spouse welcoming at the door every evening, preparing fantastic dinners, I am good, after all. The real issue is being able to stay good when that spouse is lying sick in bed.

When my parents are not in need, I honor and respect them, just like everyone else. The real issue is being able to stay a good child when they become dependent.

Our relationship with our neighbors is already good during coffee meetings, holidays, weddings. The real issue is being able to stay good when their children make noise.

Of course, a person is good where it is in his own interest. So, what is the measure of being good when there is no interest?

For example, what is my role in the persecution of people with whom I do not speak the same language, do not share the same ancestry, or share the same land?

Which side is the good side in the war against two million people trapped in an area of ​​forty thousand square kilometers? If I want to be a good person so much, where should I be?

If I continue to live without making any changes in my daily life, whose side am I on now? The good or The bad one?

What should I do when hospitals, schools and innocent children are being bombed? Is it watching the news? Is it crying in front of the screen? Is it turning off the images and ignoring them?

Can I be good if I ignore all this evil as if it never happened?

Isn't it the ultimate point of evil; the bombing of unarmed innocent people imprisoned in an area without electricity, medicine, water or food? So, what do we do now?

Will we be silent, unresponsive observers of what is happening? Then what difference do we have from evil? Because you can be quiet when children are sleeping, not when they are being killed. If the death of a baby by a bomb on the day it is born doesn't make us sad, what else can we be sad about?

So, how will we react?

How should a good person react to evil far away from him?

Staying awake all night due to bomb sounds, dust, smoke... Can I spend one night sleepless with those who cannot sleep because of facing death?

For example, can I stay sleepless for a night with those who cannot sleep until the morning due to the sound of bombs, dust, smoke... Being face to face with death?

Can I stay hungry one day, despite all my resources, along with those who cannot walk because of thirst and hunger?

Can I turn off the boiler for a day during the cold winter days because they are cold? Is it okay if I postpone my clothes shopping for a year despite all my resources?

Is it okay if I don't watch that movie or that TV series?

Can I give up that coffee, those sneakers, that soap, cream and perfume of my favorite brand?

Are you one of the "good" ones with what you gave up? Are you a supporter of those who are oppressed?


"Every individual in this life wants to be happy and successful. "Experiential Design Teaching" is a reality science that takes the purpose of a person as its goal. It guides individuals to an open consciousness to make correct decisions and choices. It provides strategies for real solutions to problems.

Starting with "Who is Who" continuing with "Mastery in Relationships" and "Success Psychology" these programs contribute to individuals being happier and more successful according to their own pasts.

"Throughout the existence of humankind on Earth, its greatest friend and enemy have never changed. The person in the mirror... Discover what you can  do alone!"  Yahya Hamurcu

Yorumlar